Gas Works Park

Gas Works Park

Gas Works Park in Seattle, Washington, is a 19.1-acre public park on the site of the former Seattle Gas Light Company gasification plant, located on the north shore of Lake Union at the south end of the Wallingford neighborhood.

Gas Works park contains remnants of the sole remaining coal gasification plant in the United States. The plant operated from 1906 to 1956 and was bought by the City of Seattle for park purposes in 1962.

Other photos of Seattle can be accesses on the Archives page by using the tags selector and choosing "seattle".