Red Bricks
(Click on thumbnail for larger view)
rbricks-373s.jpg (5641 bytes)rbricks-369s.jpg (4807 bytes)rbricks-370s.jpg (5918 bytes)rbricks-372s.jpg (5395 bytes)

Hicks Block, dating 1888-1889 is on the National Register of Historic Sites.  Located just
one block West of Topeka Avenue on the Northwest corner of Sixth and Tyler Streets, Topeka, KS.

rbricks-376s.jpg (4918 bytes)rbricks-375s.jpg (5555 bytes)rbricks-371s.jpg (6134 bytes)

Rear view from alley on North side.   Both sets of photos had the late afternoon sun, which enhanced
the red brick outside appearance of these buildings.

rbricks-07s.jpg (4705 bytes)rbricks-352s.jpg (4307 bytes)rbricks-360s.jpg (7403 bytes)rbricks-359s.jpg (5579 bytes)rbricks-16s.jpg (5336 bytes)

St. Joseph Catholic church on the Northwest corner of 3rd and Van Buren Streets.  The tall
steeples can be seen from Interstate 70 along the North edge of downtown Topeka.

rbricks-356s.jpg (5565 bytes)rbricks-362s.jpg (7532 bytes)rbricks-357s.jpg (7573 bytes)

St. Joseph church was constructed in the early 1900's.
 


All photographs 2000 by Don Palmer
Camera:  Olympus C-2000Z